Since its inception in 2000, the Conference of Atlantic Arc Cities has developed an intense work of analysis and lobby, on behalf of its members and standing for the European cities in general. When it comes to public authorities, the reach is more ambitious than short spanned economic benefits. Thus, CAAC campaigns are inserted in a long term strategy aiming for a more integrated urban development in the EU and to highlight the fundamental role that cities play in the four pillars of sustainability (environmental, economic, social and cultural policies).
Within various deadlines, we have identified several EU consultations that tackle urban-related issues:
- Consultation on policy options to optimise water reuse in the EU
- Consultation on Horizon 2020 Science with and for Society Work Programme 2016-2017
- Consultation on the Commission’s Stakeholder Consultation guidelines
- Green paper on the Safety of Tourism Accommodation Services
- Consultation on the Quality of Drinking Water in the EU
Should you be sending a response, we’ll be also glad to publish it as a guest post.