Tamara Guirao Espiñeira, CAAC Coordinator
Fourth months ago, CAAC opened the second edition of the contest “Atlantic City of the Year”. This award intends to recognize the efforts of the cities located in South-Western Europe towards excellence with a transnational prize.
It is not a strictly “honorary” prize and that because:
- – If it is not a member, the winning city will be invited to join CAAC the following year
- – The year in question (in this case 2015), the awarded will count on the technical and communication services of CAAC more intensely than any other member.
- – It encourages policy-makers, civil society and citizens to continue working for a sustainable urban policy in all three dimensions, making for the lower moments.
- – Feeds communication, publicity and reach. The press release announcing the election of Brest Métropole Ocèane as Atlantic City of 2014 was disseminated by the main media in France.
- – Networking. Your city will make an enormous step to enter a dynamic city network like CAAC and to gain weight inside a pan-european platform like CECICN, composed by 500 cities all over Europe.
- – Leisure and Food: Please do not forget that we will be announcing our winner during our General Assembly, the most important event for CAAC cities every year.
So, what’s your city waiting for?